• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Unable to get sender domain by sender mailname

P_heck

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Pleask Version 11.0.9-debian6.0.build110120608.16

Since May, 12, I receive the following messages in my logfile:

May 23 09:11:30 ph-internet /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[13271]: Unable to get sender domain by sender mailname

This msg. shows up not on any incomming mail, but only on some of them. It didn't happen before May 12 (checked old logs) and I haven't done any change on the system (only a Plesk update was automatically deployed some days before).

Does anyone have any idea, under which circumstances this message is written and maybe, how I can get rid of it?

I didn't see any problems in mail delivery, but I am always getting nervous, when errors are written in the log, I can't explain.

Thanks for your feedback!

Peter

I didn't see any problems in mail delivery, but I am always getting nervous, when errors are written in the log, I can't explain.

Don't be too nervous, P_heck :)

This means that Postfix milter (mail filter) encountered an email sender address in short form (without domain part or '@' sign). Since this is not supported under Postfix, such requests cannot be processed.

If you're still nervous, try to track down mail messages that cause this.

Back