• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to install ruby gem

hardbrasil

Regular Pleskian
Hello fellas,

we are unable to install other gems on server. We already tried to downgrade Ruby version...

[root@admin httpdocs]# gem install mechanize -v 2.7.4
Building native extensions. This could take a while...
ERROR: Error installing mechanize:
ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb
mkmf.rb can't find header files for ruby at /usr/share/include/ruby.h

Gem files will remain installed in /usr/local/share/gems/gems/unf_ext-0.0.7.2 for inspection.
Results logged to /usr/local/share/gems/gems/unf_ext-0.0.7.2/ext/unf_ext/gem_make.out

Hi hardbrasil,

:rolleyes: which OPERATING SYSTEM are you using, please?

For CentOS/RHEL - bases systems, you would use the command: yum install ruby-devel
For Debian/Ubuntu - based systems, you would use the command: apt-get install ruby-dev

In addition, it would really help if you provide informations about your ruby - package version, if you still experience issues. Pls. always remember, the more information you provide, the better will be suggestions from people willing to help you and due to the fact, that Plesk supports different operating systems, always keep in mind, that people willing to help you can't guess what you are using. ;)

Hello @UFHH01
i am using centos 7 with plesk 17. As i understand the installation of ruby was trought panel. and has v2.3
should i execute your command as well?

thsk

Back