• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to login to Plesk and Websites not accessible

WebFactories

New Pleskian
When I Try to access any website, since yesterday following error is displayed:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at webfactories.de Port 80

In addition when I try to login to plesk I receive:

ERROR: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Log_Exception' with message '"/var/log/plesk/panel.log" cannot be opened with mode "a"' in /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Log/Writer/Stream.php:81 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(69): Zend_Log_Writer_Stream->__construct('/var/log/plesk/...') #1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(370): Plesk_Log::init() #2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(262): Plesk_Log::get() #3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Log.php(168): Plesk_Log::log('panel', 3, 'Unable to conne...') #4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php(26): Plesk_Log::err('Unable to conne...') #5 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php(10): report_crash('Unable to conne...', Array, 'PleskDBExceptio...', 500, Object(PleskDBException)) #6 [internal function]: plesk_exception_handler(Object(PleskDBException)) #7 {main} thrown (Stream.php:81)

I'm sure I changed nothing at all on the server, a few hours before everything runs perfect. PowerPanel runs fine without any errors shown, also ftp, mail and ssh is OK. If I connect to the IP via Browser it shows the Plesk default page without any errors.

Ownership is as follows:

# ls -la /var/log/plesk/panel.log
-rw-r----- 1 psaadm root 6696358 7. Jul 01:55 /var/log/plesk/panel.log

# ls -ld /var/log/plesk/
drwxr-x--- 5 sw-cp-server root 4096 7. Jul 04:48 /var/log/plesk/

Server is running centos-6-x86_64 with Plesk 12.5.30.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi WebFactories,

your issues seems to be known. Pls consider to use the provided resolutions at

... and pls. don't forget to restart "psa" afterwards:

service psa restart

Hi,
thanks for your reply, done like described in KB - article 119692 - now I got the error:

ERROR: PleskDBException: Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: NO) (Error code: 1045) (Abstract.php:69)

permissions are

# ls -ld /var/log/plesk/
drwxr-x--- 5 psaadm root 4096 7. Jul 18:36 /var/log/plesk/

# ls -ld /var/log/plesk/panel.log
-rw-r----- 1 psaadm root 6696358 7. Jul 01:55 /var/log/plesk/panel.log

still not able to login to plesk - any further idea?

Hi WebFactories,

Sure. For your next issue, you could try:

/usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf -u -passwd <your passwd>
or/and follow the suggestion from

Hi UFHH01,

thank you very much for your great help.
Your first solution works for me - have to do some more tasks, but it works. Got the message, that the Lizencekey is not valid now, but I've already asked for a new activation code and I think/hope the problems are solved with your help.

For now, if I try to get a new key within Plesk, I recieve the error:

ERROR: PleskFatalException: StatInfo->getProductVersion failed: sysinfo failed: file does not exist or is not executable: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/sysinfo

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskFatalException
StatInfo-&gt;getProductVersion failed: sysinfo failed: file does not exist or is not executable: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/sysinfo (functions.php:76)

I'll wait for the new ativation code and if everything works fine after installing the key, I'll mark this thread as 'solved'. Again, thank you very much!

Greetings from Heidelberg/Germany to the wonderful Hamburg (Home of my favourite FC St. Pauli)

Last edited:
Back