• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Unable to lookup SID for name IUSR_domain.tld: (1332) No mapping between account name

TheBigWebH

New Pleskian
I found the exact problem I am having here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/116618. However, there is no repair.exe in my install. I am using PLESK 11.0.9. Is this only available in PLESK 11.5? Is there a manual process I can use to fix this? Or do I have to upgrade to get this fix?

Thank you,
Dallas

IUSR_domain.tld - this is system user for Anonymous Auth on web-server IIS.
IWPD_domain.tld - this is system user for Application Pool on web-server IIS

You can see user and password (password on %SystemRoot%\System32\inetsrv\ApplicationHost.config is encrypted) and recreate user

on command line write next:
------------------------------------------------------------------
net user <username> <password> /add /comment:"Plesk IIS Anonymous Account" /passwordchg:no
WMIC USERACCOUNT WHERE "Name='<username>'" SET PasswordExpires=FALSE
net localgroup psacln <username> /add
net localgroup users <username> /delete
--------------------------------------------------------------------

where <username> is your IUSR_domain.tld

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I think we are on the right track. I had manually fixed all of the Windows and IIS settings so the websites would run. The easiest fix for me is that within PLESK, the IUSR_domain.tld needs to be changed to match what is setup in Windows. Is there documentation on websrvmng.exe? If I do --help, not much info is given and I cannot find anything on the Internet. From looking at the command options, I think this is what I have to do:

websrvmng.exe --update-web-user --vhost-name=mydomain.com --web-user=IUSR_mydomain.com

Can anyone please confirm this?

Thank you,
DI

Back