• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to manage DB server from plesk but mysql is reachable from ssh

Taum

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've got a problem on my plesk panel.

Actually, everything works well (all my websites are running) but I cannot manage my database server from plesk. Plesk tell me that it cannot connect to the server.
In addition, when I try to create a new user on this database, i've got this message :

Error: Connection to the database server failed: Column count of mysql.user is wrong. Expected 43, found 42. Created with MySQL 50547, now running 50636. Please use mysql_upgrade to fix this error.

And when I try to run mysql_upgrade, I've got this message :

Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
Error: Failed while fetching Server version! Could be due to unauthorized access.
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed​

Nevertheless, I can connect to mysql from ssh without any problems.

I tried to run a yum upgrade, to run service restart mysqld, restart the server, but nothing works...

Do you know how to solve this issue ?

Thank you !
Thomas

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-04-18 à 15.27.11.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-04-18 à 15.27.11.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 6
Yes, I upgrade to 5.6 few month ago, but the issue is from this week.

I tried to run

# MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -u admin --host localhost --port

and everything was OK.

After a service mysqld restart, the issue is still there :(

Ok, i found a solutions. I run a

# plesk repair all -n

And it appears that I had some warns on the db. I ran a

# plesk repair db -verbose

And it ask me if y want to remove some rows. It fix everything.

Thank you so much :)

I have got nearly the same problem, but this solution did not help:
In that case it is probably not nearly the same problem. According to your first comment that was edited meanwhile, there was at least an additional inconsistency in your Plesk database as described in Error: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value. ('home' = '') . Could you please open a separate thread for it and describe what you are experiencing in more detail there? This thread here is marked as solved, so other users won't care much about it anyway. It is better to discuss different issues in different threads.

Back