• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Unable to remove application (wordpress, joomla)

Sepiritz

New Pleskian
Plesk 11.0.9 on virtual Windows server Web sp2.

I have two different domains on which I had a Joomla and a Wordpress on each respectively.
When I attempted to remove said installations they remain listed in the application manager.

I found this article http://kb.parallels.com/en/3472 though googling on the problem, however this did not seem to help since even after doing this I am still unable to properly remove the application installations.

The domains are also running mail so I can't just remove and reinstall the domains, but I would like a way to purge the web content on the domains and start fresh with new application installs.
Is there any advice I can get to help me with this issue?

There is no error message.

I go to manage applications, click remove next to the Wordpress application.
Plesk says: "Information: The app was removed."
Then I check the list again, and Wordpress is still there.

This only happens on a couple of sites out of a hundred and is not repeatable on new domains, where it works perfectly.
I suppose some httpdocs files might have been damaged or removed, which could have caused this, but there should be a way to remove the application anyway, without removing or renaming the domain.

I'm having this same issue with multiple Drupal installations. I attempted to transfer files from a previous Drupal installation into the new directory, and now, when attempting to delete the application, Plesk seems to believe the deletion has occurred correctly, despite nothing actually happening.

Back