1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to remove installed language packs

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Mr. Mike, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike Guest

Greetings,

I am attempting to remove 4 language packs that are not necessary and that exceed the limit of 4 on the license.

When I attempt to remove the language packs from the admin interface by selecting Languages from the main screen then selecting the language I want to remove and click on remove it get the following error:

ERROR: PleskUtilException

Up Level
    localemng failed: error: locale zh-CN not exists

0: localemng.php:85
    localemng->localeCall_(string 'remove', array)
    1: localemng.php:60
    localemng->remove(string 'zh-CN')
    2: LocaleManager.php:27
    LocaleManager->remove(string 'zh-CN')
    3: server.interface.locale.delete.php:31
    plesk__server__interface__locale__delete->remove(array)
    4: DeleteUIPointer.php:27
    DeleteUIPointer->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
    5: UIPointer.php:596
    UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
    6: plesk.php:38

When I check for the installed rpm's, the only psa-locale installed is en-US.

There are actually 4 that give this same error when trying to remove them: Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese.

I also believe that this may be causing the automatic license update feature to break.

Any help on removing them would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    It looks like there are extra records about un-existed locales in psa database. Check it with

After that install missing locales with something like

Then try to remove language packs again.

3. Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike Guest

Thanks IgorG,

By re-installing the locales from the command-line and using Plesk to remove each unnecessary langeuage pack cleared the problem.

Thanks for your help.