• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to remove installed language packs

M

Mr. Mike

Greetings,

I am attempting to remove 4 language packs that are not necessary and that exceed the limit of 4 on the license.

When I attempt to remove the language packs from the admin interface by selecting Languages from the main screen then selecting the language I want to remove and click on remove it get the following error:

ERROR: PleskUtilException

Up Level
localemng failed: error: locale zh-CN not exists

0: localemng.php:85
localemng->localeCall_(string 'remove', array)
1: localemng.php:60
localemng->remove(string 'zh-CN')
2: LocaleManager.php:27
LocaleManager->remove(string 'zh-CN')
3: server.interface.locale.delete.php:31
plesk__server__interface__locale__delete->remove(array)
4: DeleteUIPointer.php:27
DeleteUIPointer->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
5: UIPointer.php:596
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
6: plesk.php:38

When I check for the installed rpm's, the only psa-locale installed is en-US.

There are actually 4 that give this same error when trying to remove them: Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese.

I also believe that this may be causing the automatic license update feature to break.

Any help on removing them would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

It looks like there are extra records about un-existed locales in psa database. Check it with

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` psa -e"select * from locales"

After that install missing locales with something like

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-latest --install-component ja-JP-locale --install-component ru-RU-locale --install-component it-IT-locale --install-component zh-CN-locale

Then try to remove language packs again.

Thanks IgorG,

By re-installing the locales from the command-line and using Plesk to remove each unnecessary langeuage pack cleared the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Back