• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Unable to remove some IP addresses from the list of banned addresses

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Username: Azurel

TITLE

Unable to remove some IP addresses from the list of banned addresses

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS Linux 8.3.2011, Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.32 Update #2

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

A comodo rule runs amok with false-positive, so I must unban many Ips and get serveral times this error message

URI: /admin/server-protection/ban-list

Unable to remove some IP addresses from the list of banned addresses: f2bmng failed: ERROR:main:Command ['set', 'plesk-modsecurity', 'unbanip', 'xx.xx.xx.xx'] failed with error ValueError('xx.xx.xx.xx is not banned',).

Solution was to click many times the unban button with all Ips marked.

I expect here no error message and unban all ips how requested. There is no need for a information like "xx.xx.xx.xx is not banned" and stop the whole process to unban for each already unbanned (from system) ip from banned list.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

see description

ACTUAL RESULT

see description

EXPECTED RESULT

see description

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

If you are talking of Fail2Ban you may use Plesk GUI button to unban.

You may also contact the Plesk support.

If you had read the report, you would know that this is exactly the button I used. Your post is not helpful.

It can be reproduced only with fail2ban 0.10.x, which has been upgraded to 0.11.2 in Plesk 18.0.35
So I'd suggest you perform an upgrade Plesk server.
The root cause: fail2ban < 0.11 returns a non-zero exit code if someone asks it to unban an IP that isn't banned.

Back