1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to resetore MSSQL datbase

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by yatint, Sep 18, 2011.

1. yatint

yatint Basic Pleskian

60%
    Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to restore database 'Easy_Insure_Sql'
    Not valid backup
    The media family on device 'C:\Windows\TEMP\localhost\Easy_Insure_Sql\0111' is incorrectly formed. SQL Server cannot process this media family.
    VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

database is working fine on primary server
    any suggestion ?

2. esfahanhost

esfahanhost New Pleskian

Plesk 11 : dbbackup failed: Unable to restore database / Cannot open backup device C:

Hi Plesk Support Team

I have this problem also in plesk 11 and windows server 2012

Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to restore database 'jalal_6www'
    Not valid backup
    Cannot open backup device 'C:\Windows\TEMP\localhost\jalal_6www\6www_02_08.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.).
    VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

I check backup and find this file uploaded in ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Backup\6www.ir\databases\jalal_6www-3452\6www_02_08.bak )

please help me for resolve this conflict in plesk 11 and windows server 2012

3. InderS

InderS Silver Pleskian

30%
    it seems that the file format is not supported in plesk. How did you generate the backup? Normally mssql db are having .BAK files as backups. Try creating backup in .bak file also check the MSSQL server versions.