• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to secure webmail on this domain with letsencrypt

john01

New Pleskian
I recently installed Plesk Onyx and letsencrypt extension. I've secured my domain.com and www.domain.com, but when it's time to secure webmail I'm unable to. The checkbox next to "Secure webmail on this domain" is greyed out with a message that says "Securing "smwebmail" webmail service is not supported. You can configure mail settings."

I've installed, configured, and set plesk to use smarter mail 15.7.6411 for the server. Under mail settings for the domain, I have webmail set to smartermail web client 15.7.6411 and SSL/TLS certificate for webmail to "Lets Encrypt domain.com." Under SSL/TLS Certificates for the domain, I've checked the box next to "Lets Encrpt domain.com" and clicked on the "Secure Webmail" button.

I've got pop3/imap using ssl/tls but the mail server is supplying the plesk certificate instead of the domain's certificate. When I check/validate my domain using 3rd party tools, the sans reports only domain.com and www.domain.com.

I'm not sure what else I need to do.

Please note that Plesk Let'sEncrypt Extension can secure only Horde webmail on Windows and Horde/Roundcube webmails on Linux. SmarterMail Webmail is not supported.

Thanks. I wish the docs had a note at the very top.

What is the recommended method of securing webmail.domain.com? Should I secure just 1 domain like webmail.myhosting.com and have webmail.domain.com redirect to it? or can I manually create one using let's encrypt per domain? I would really like to have pop3/imap on ssl/tls also.

HI

this feature shouldn't show if its not supported!! it should only offer secure webmail if its possible, its pointless giving a message to configure mail settings if its not possible to secure the webmail smartermail.

We have had multiple shared hosting clients contact us regarding this and we want to hide it until its supported on Smartermail/Remote Smartermail.

For now we have setup a unbranded domain with real SSL Certificate for webmail and configured smartermail to redirect all none secure traffic to the secure domain we've setup so all webmail users are encrypted.

Lets me know if you found the solution Either Smartermail or Plesk side. We have similar situation our webmail want encrypt mail for few clients. The smartermail client 15.7 not supported webmail encription

Thanks
Binesh

Back