• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to send emails from only one domain

Graham Jones

New Pleskian
I have a Plesk Linux server (Ubuntu 18) which is working fine. However, one mailbox is unable to send emails.

All other mailboxes can send, receive, forward emails OK.

But one domain appears prevented. I get this error message

SMTP Error [554] 5.7.0 The message could not be sent. You are not allowed to use sendmail utility.

No settings are different for this email address than any others.

So, why is just one domain being prevented from sending any emails when all other email addresses can do so?

I have deleted the email address and recreated it - but the problem perists.

I have created a different email address on the domain and the problem persists.

So it would appear a domain issue. But why?

Is mail activated for the domain?

To clarify, you have multiple domains with multiple email accounts that can send without a problem however on just one single domain you have multiple accounts that cannot send email, correct?

Can you check to ensure that the sendmail utility is enabled for the single subscription using this KB that just happens to look like it was updated three hours ago?

Yes, mail is activated

Yes, you understand correctly. All other domains can send mail with no issues.

Any email addresses from the problem domain, though, cannot send (but they can receive).

The sendmail utility is enabled for all domains correctly, including the problem domain.

Having now checked everything about half a dozen times and finding nothing wrong, I deleted the domain.

Then I set it up again.

Now email works correctly...!

Strange - but now fixed.

Back