• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to send notification: mail() failed:

D

devindull

When adding a new client to the Plesk interface, as it goes from their information to the loading of the IP pool page, the error "Unable to send notification: mail() failed:" is broadcasted. I have to click OK to move on. Also, when users add their domains they get some similar errors. Any idea how to fix this? As far as I know, the entire Plesk package is setup like it ought ot be. I can't find any mistaken options/information anywhere. Thanks a lot.

No, I'm running the FBSD4.9 version where it has to be built and isn't given in RPM type format. I'm using the usual PHP of the panel. What do I do?

check the permissions of

/usr/local/psa/qmail/bin/qmail-queue

if u are not using dr web, chmod file to 555

then
chown qmailq:qmail

-r-s--x--x 1 drweb qmail 151K Aug 29 15:07 qmail-queue
-r-s--x--x 1 drweb qmail 151K Aug 29 15:07 qmail-queue.drweb
-r-s--x--x 1 qmailq qmail 12K Aug 24 09:23 qmail-queue.origin

I know that two or three users are using drweb. Any possible way to fix it if you're using DRweb?

no clue

i disabled it, by replacing it with a the standard qmail-queue

as i use 4psa clean server ( far superior imo )

4psa clean server, as a replacement for drweb? how much does it cost? where can i find it?

I tried replacing, chowning, and chmoding the files, it didn't fix anything. Any other ideas out there?

I did notice that when adding a domain, it spits out the error:
"Unable to send notification: mail() failed: empty error message from utlitiy" after clicking to continue to the second page to choose physical hosting or what have you.

Also, I don't have any lock files in /etc/psa as other threads suggested.

My sendmail program is:
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root qmail 9K Aug 24 09:23 sendmail

Is that the right size?

4PSA products are available at:

http://www.4psa.com

Their prices are fairly reasonable and their products work better than Plesk's equivalents (IMO), that's why I've stuck with them. Of course, nothing is ever 'perfect', and we can all find fault with any product :)

Back