• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to set admin user's locale via command line

kassi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
During setup I wanted to change the admin user's locale.

Code:
$ plesk bin locales --set-default en-US
$ plesk bin user --update admin -locale en-US
$ plesk bin user --info admin
User Admin:
Contact name: admin
Locale: en-US
Role: Admin
SUCCESS: Information is successfully retrieved.

$ plesk bin locales --status
GERMAN (Germany                de-DE    [Enabled]
GREEK (Greece                  el-GR    [Disabled]
ENGLISH (United States         en-US    [Enabled]
Installed: 32.
Available for users: 2.
Disabled: 30.
Allowed by license: 32.
Default: ENGLISH (United States "en-US".
Admin: GERMAN (Germany "de-DE".
When I re-log in into plesk admin with user "admin", then the language is still German.

Anything I miss or is it broken?

The language upon login is determined by the selection on the login page. I guess your expectation is that the setting overrides what the user has set in his browser on the login page?

Actually I didn't set anything on the log in page and I guess then "default" is used.
My expectation is that the language that I set in the admin user's profile page is used, which is usually the case
Anyway: This one is not updated either.
So my expectation is that when I run the command plesk bin user --update admin -locale en-US, and I log in to Plesk as admin and go to the Admin user's profile page, I see "Plesk language: en-US", but it is still "de-DE".

According to admin: Administration Panel Preferences, you can change the admin locale with:
Code:
plesk bin admin --update -locale <locale>
Afterwards, you will need to relogin due to some extension and session caches in the database.

The command you are using changes the locale column in the client database, and I'm not sure what it's for. The command above changes the admin_locale column in the misc table, which seems to work.

It's possible that the admin settings are somehow mixed with client configuration and redundant. I haven't tested if your command works with regular user.

Back