• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Unable to set Disk Read and Disk write limit in service plan

nisamudeen97

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 24
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.62
I am trying to set disk read and disk write limitations. But cgroups does not allow to limit Disk I/O. After save button still unlimited

Screenshot from 2024-07-31 23-38-01.png

I have contacted plesk support and work around was suggested from their side. It worked good for me. Important note:- Don't try removing existing zip package using apt-get remove zip, it will remove plesk core files. So Just follow the below steps only.

The R&D team have created an internal item with ID #EXTWPTOOLK-12140 for tracking purposes. The changes can be monitored in Obsidian change log:
https://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/obsidian/change-log/

The suggested workaround is as follows:

1. Downgrade package zip_3.0-13 to zip_3.0-12
  2. Put the package zip_3.0-12 on hold so that it won't be updated until the fix is release

Here is the current status of zip package:
dpkg -l | grep -E '^ii\s+zip\s'
ii zip 3.0-13build1 amd64 Archiver for .zip files

And the commands as per workaround:

1. Download zip 3.0.12 package:

2. Downgrade the package
dpkg -i zip_3.0-12build2_amd64.deb

3. Put the package on hold
apt-mark hold zip

Back