• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Overuse is not allowed - it does not suspend the domain and does not redirect to 503

serreri

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition Ver. 18.0.58
Hi everyone
I tried searching the forum pages without success.

I have been using Plesk for years without any particular problems, but today I am having difficulty understanding the Policy policy on overuse of resources.

I did a test by setting the default plan with traffic at 2GB/month
and 2GB disk space

I flagged "Overuse is not allowed",
but after saving the settings the domain is not blocked by redirecting it to page 503 as indicated in the plesk specifications, and consequently I am not notified of any email that I set from tools -> plesk notifications.

I tried to make traffic on the site, ftp, mail etc but nothing happens after the domain exceeds the allowed resources.

Is it possible that everything is managed by a delpelsk crontab?

Can anyone help me understand this confusion of mine?

HI

I think that the values are only checked during the nightly maintenance window, so you'd at least need to wait until next morning for results.

On production servers this can be an issue, because sometimes users generate super large log files within minutes and consume all space on a disk. But instant monitoring all traffic and file sizes would consume a lot of I/O bandwidth and computing power, so it is not feasible to do that. Only for things like disk space usage I can recommend to develop custom scripts that check the usage every n minutes and disable accounts and other scripts that create huge amounts of data. For traffic I can imagine that for some cases such custom solutions could be needed, too. But for the general public and all-day monitoring these would probably just waste too many computing power resources.

Thank you very much Peter

The talk about bandwidth consumption for monitoring then would justify the delays on the checks.
I also noticed this error message:

"the hard disk quota is not supported due to the configuration of the server file system."

So I guess I won't be able to fully handle the immediate monitoring of a subscription with disk space limitations.

Thanks Peter

Back