• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unable to update hosting preferences

K

KevinN

everytime I create a domain I get this Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: Update FTP user failed: ftpmng --update-user failed: Virtual host default on IP address XX.XX.XX.XXX already exists
When I try to update my ftp or create a new account I get this Error: Unable to update FTP account: Unable update FTP subaccount: ftpmng --update-user failed: Virtual host default on IP address XX.XX.XX.XXX already exists

This is what was written in the other thread
Hello,

After a year of downtime, and no help here nor from my host, I finally discovered the solution.

Error messages:
Unable to update FTP subaccount: Unable update FTP subaccount: ftpmng --update-user failed: Virtual host Plesk Managed (.xxx) on IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx already exists
Unable to update hosting preferences: Update FTP user failed: ftpmng --update-user failed: Virtual host Plesk Managed (.xxx) on IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx already exists.

Actual error message of interest:
ftpmng --update-user failed: Virtual host Plesk Managed (.xxx) on IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx already exists.

Explanation of error message:
"Plesk Managed (.xxx)" is the actual name of an FTP site set up in IIS Manager. What Plesk did not like was that the IP address of this site was set to a specific IP, instead of to "(All Unassigned)".

Solution:
Open IIS Manager on the server;
Expand "FTP Sites" folder;
Locate the site named, ("Plesk Managed (.xxx)" in my case);
Right-click it and select Properties;
Change "IP address" from a specific assignment to "(All Unassigned)";
Click "OK" of "Apply".
Done!

Now I noticed I don't haveanything named lesk How would I go about creating it, if I need to?

Back