• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to upload SSL cert: To read key from file or string use methods...

ahoi

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
On a Plesk setup on Debian 11.6, I am getting this error while uploading a new cert (pem).

On multiple servers, this error occurs:

> To read key from file or string use methods PleskExt\SsIlt\OpenSs|\PrivateKey.:fromFile()and
PleskExt\Ss|it\OpenSs|\PrivateKey::fromString)

You might want to reach out to Plesk support directly as they'll more likely want to jump into the server with you to see what is happening since there's not much to go off of on that error alone:

@ahoi

Did you find a solution to this problem? I have just started experiencing exactly the same error following an update:

Code:
Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for *******.***
Details
To read key from file or string use methods PleskExt\SslIt\OpenSsl\PrivateKey::fromFile() and PleskExt\SslIt\OpenSsl\PrivateKey::fromString()

This is what is running:

1679160546492.png

This is a dev box and it is locked down behind a firewall. To manage SSL for the handful of domains on this server, I create certificates with the Certify the Web desktop client for Windows, export the file to a .pem and upload it.

Until very recently this has been absolutely fine. Since it started to happen, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall SSL It! but this does not seem to do anything. I've rebooted, patched, updated extensions etc. but the problem persists.

The problem happens for new certificates or renewals, and also happens on brand new domains.

The lack of search results suggests, worryingly, that this is a fairly uncommon problem. Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance!

Back