1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unattended Plesk Installation

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Suggestions and Feedback' started by Milind Koyande, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Milind Koyande

Milind Koyande Guest

Hello,

Is it possible to create an unattended Plesk installation file which will contain all the values and parameter which we want to configure? If yes, how can it be done or what's an alternative to it?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    No, there is no such possibility. But you can try to write bash script where autounstaller will started first without any interactive dialogs and when it will be completed some Plesk utilities from /usr/local/psa/bin/ with needed parameters should be started for adjusting needed parameters. Documentation and --help option of Plesk utilities will help you.

3. Milind Koyande

Milind Koyande Guest

Hello Igor, Thanks the reply but I need if there is a way to have an unattended installation for Windows Plesk as mentioned at http://kb.odin.com/en/1249

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Ohhh, sorry, you mean Win Plesk :)
    And why this method from KB article is not convenient for you?

5. Milind Koyande

Milind Koyande Guest

Hello,

The KB article applies for plesk 7.x and 8.1 only.. I wonder if it still work with 9.3 as setup of plesk 9 is in exe format.

6. jamescrown

jamescrown Guest

You will need to extract the MSI file from the EXE in order to perform unattended Plesk 9.3 installations.

7. Milind Koyande

Milind Koyande Guest

I have found a utility "AutoIT" which is used for automating the Windows GUI and able to create auto installer for Plesk installation. Does anyone has any other solution, please let me know I will give a try to it.