• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

undeliverable? sometimes? mail problem

T

TellUsMore

Hello,

I've migrated from one plesk server to another, 3rd try i got all 300 domains no problem, god bless it.

The issue i switched servers on a few domains to test them, and so started the problems. content no problem. email however, nothing but problems. A few things happen, on the same server the mail works (other accounts on my dedicated server) when trying to send mail to external accounts i get the "Undeliverable your message did not reach... 553 sorry, that domain insn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) In the past i've had the same issue, and after a few angry phone calls the old server co would remedy it.

A few more things, sending from the troubled accounts either gets the above error or it goes out to never be delivered.

All the settings aside from the use the full mail address are default. My server wide spam filter gives me errors and doesn't start, gives me the message that its starts but in the modules it isn't running. Just incase that may help.

So in short emails only make it to their destination from the server if they are on the same box, and vice versa.

i am at a complete loss on this, my next step is of course per incident support, but as i feel this may be somewhat common you may be able to help.

My hair is falling out even quicker...

I've turned the dns zones on and set them to default all across the server, i checked the individual dns setting and the ns. ones were pointed to the old server.

i'm not sure what that did, seems that entirely stopped the email from working

Back