• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Understanding Postfix & Spamassassin

Eric Pretorious

Regular Pleskian
I'm trying to troubleshoot Spamassassin and can't quite understand how messages are being routed through the system.

Is there a KB article or a page in the Advanced Administration Guide, Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0 for Linux that describes the operation of Postfix with Spamassassin? Something like this diagram (from the article "Fighting Spam with SpamAssassin and Postfix") would be a great starting point:

postfix_spamassassin.gif

e.g.,
Steps #3 & #4 from the section "Create your own Content Filter" provide some insight.
The KB article "How to recreate mail handlers in Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 and later" also provided a bit of good insight.

I'm trying to troubleshoot Spamassassin and can't quite understand how messages are being routed through the system.

Is there a KB article or a page in the Advanced Administration Guide, Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0 for Linux that describes the operation of Postfix with Spamassassin? Something like this diagram (from the article "Fighting Spam with SpamAssassin and Postfix") would be a great starting point:

The Entity Relationship Diagram (from the article "Fighting Spam/Viruses with Amavisd-New, Maia and Postfix") provides a good overview of the interaction between Postfix, Spamassassin, and Amavisd-New:

maia_erm.gif

Do you suppose that there might be something like it for the the Plesk Panel implementation of Postfix+Spamassassin?

Hi Igor,

Perhaps you could explain one thing. This is on Plesk 11.5. I installed Spamassassin and unchecked allowing all users to set their own spam settings. The spam threshold is set for 7.

I don't see anything in the logs indicating that messages are being scanned. I also don't see anything in the postfix config indicating that mail is being sent through spamassassin.

How is it supposed to work when installed by Plesk?

Thanks,

Ed G

Back