• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unexpected behavior with intermediate certificate

plidp

New Pleskian
Hi,
I've just got stuck installing a new SSL Certificate on my virtual server.
In the Plesk 12 page I uploaded the certificate and Intermediate CA + GeoTrust Global CA; they all show up correctly and I got a confirmation green message.
On Chrome there's no problem, but on Firefox it says sec_error_unknown_issuer.

I discovered that the webserver seems to be refusing to provide additional certificates: trying to connect to the server using the command "openssl s_client" returns "No client certificate CA names sent"; even Qualsys SSL Labs test says that the chain is incomplete and only one (the one relative to my CN) certificate is actually provided, despite the intermediate showing up in the Plesk page.

I don't understand why this unexpected behavior and I need to fix it urgently.
Could you help me?

Thanks a lot

Hi, I'm not sure if you've figured this out. I've had a few certificates that were renewed that work great in some browsers (chrome) but not others (firefox). This is due to an older chain certificate retained on renewed certificates; as a result, I found (with GeoTrust certificates) you need to run their checker:

https://cryptoreport.geotrust.com/checker/

Then download and install the chain identified after the checker completes.

Regards.

Back