• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Uninstall PHP from OS vendor

marowi

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.30 and would like to know if I can uninstall PHP from OS vendor? This is 7.0.33 and outdated.

1600953410276.png

All websites on our server run PHP 7.4, so I don't really need the outdated OS vendor version.

1600953614481.png

But I want to make sure that it does not cause any problems when I uninstall it.

The only post I found about this is a bit older:

Best regards
Manuel

It worked without any problems. :)

Plesk now feels a bit faster too. But maybe it's just coincidence.

After uninstalling PHP from OS vendor (7.0.33) and PHP 7.2.33, I now get the following error message every hour by mail:

run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper exited with return code 1

After uninstalling PHP from OS vendor (7.0.33) and PHP 7.2.33, I now get the following error message every hour by mail:
The cron script failed to execute becase the /var/lib/php/sessions directory is missing
Create the missing /var/lib/php and /var/lib/php/sessions directories:

# mkdir /var/lib/php
# mkdir /var/lib/php/sessions

Set the correct permissions for these directories:

# chmod 755 /var/lib/php
# chmod 1733 /var/lib/php/sessions

Execute the /etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper task to make sure it runs correctly. Exit code 0 means that the execution was successful:

# sh -x /etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper
+ '[' -e /etc/cron.d/php -a -x /usr/lib/php/sessionclean ']'
+ pgrep -f '.*/etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper$'
+ grep -qv 30892
+ renice 19 -p 30892
+ '[' -x /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/maxlifetime ']'
+ '[' -d /var/lib/php/sessions ']'
++ /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/maxlifetime
+ /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/php_session_cleaner /var/lib/php/sessions 24

# echo $?

Back