• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unknown Backup/Restore task notification

calderwood

Regular Pleskian
PMMCli-Daemon keeps send me an email message every 30 minutes with exactly the same message, but I have no idea why. There is no backup by this name.

Message is:
Backup task finished.
Task was created by server with guid (7a6047f0-461e-4521-9bf1-713db68736c5)
Creation date is: 2010-Apr-18 00:30:08
Task status is: success
Dump full name is: dc_info_1004180030.xml
migration.result94

There is an attached XML file that has this content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="success"/>

I am using Plesk 9.2.3 with Cent OS5

Last edited:
Plesk Backup at 9 hours and 25% -SLOW!!

The daily backup through the CP which is set to back up the entire server at 1.00AM each day (about 23GB) has taken 9 hours so far and only 25% done. Something is really wrong with the Plesk Backup manager. Plesk 9.2.3 on Cent OS5

Same problem using 9.0 with Ubuntu 6.06

Did anyone ever find a reason and more importantly a solution to this?

I have looked at the crontab and this shows nothing related and I have altered the pleskX.py file in order to reduce the frequency of the emails - all to no changes.

The problem I have is that it occurs every 30 minutes and therefore is clogging up my email inbox.

If someone can explain what this is and how to stop it I would be grateful.

Email content follows:

Backup task finished.

Task was created by server with guid (e4cfd7be-9e5d-4dc4-b013-6f19ef676c20)

Creation date is: 2010-Jun-23 21:35:37
Task status is: success

Dump full name is: domains/<website_name>/test_<website_name>_info_1006232135.xml

Attachment is same as Calderwoods.

Thanks,

Martyn.

me too

i'm getting this too. just started after running the server for years. mine is an error b/c i cleaned up some backup files that apparently it was trying to move, so now i get 4 of these emails every 15 mins... all day... any help appreciated.

Used rsync

I ended up going into the logs and getting rid of all the backups and then deleted the stalled XML files. Once it was cleaned up I installed rSync backup and it has been working away without issue.

Plesk seems to introduce new products then never offers support - especially in my case, I get Plesk license through Go Daddy and Plesk does not support any Go daddy license, they say you have to go through Go Daddy, but Go Daddy doesn't offer any support for Plesk unless you buy their support package - no win. You are better to get a basic empty server and buy your own license from Plesk then you'll get the support package - buying through third party resellers is not a good idea and Plesk could improve their image by improving their reseller support system, but I guess that's not their way.

Back