1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unknown column 'server_version' in 'field list'

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by lancep, Feb 14, 2008.

1. lancep

lancep Guest

Hi all,

To cut a long story short, I have had an utter nightmare with plesk of late. (4 1&1 server reimages, anyone?)

Unable to bear the downtime of another remote reimage, I ended up doing a yum uninstall of psa, followed by a manual download/install of the plesk 8.3 autoupdate script. Everything has been perfect, till when I tried to add a database. This error appears:

MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'server_version' in 'field list'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:218
    db_query(string 'select `id`, `host`, `port`, `type`, `last_error`, `server_version` from DatabaseServers')
    1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DatabaseServerManager.php:194
    DatabaseServerManager->fetchServers()
    2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.DBAddForm.php:95
    DBAddForm->assign(array, array)
    3: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/db_add.php:136

I did do some research on the forum, and ran a mysql query to see what the version info in the db actually was: it said 0830. Hmm. The plesk installer for 8.3 did actually fail, but I logged in and everything seemed to be fine.

Any help you can give me would me much appreciated. I do not not NOT want to reimage or start again :/

Thanks in advance.

2. Monica@

Monica@ Guest

Hi
    What do you get when executing the following
    mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e"select * from DatabaseServers;"

What MySQL version do you have installed?
    Is MySQL version detected correctly in Plesk CP > Components management ?
    what is the output of
    /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng mysql