• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unknown column 'server_version' in 'field list'

L

lancep

Hi all,

To cut a long story short, I have had an utter nightmare with plesk of late. (4 1&1 server reimages, anyone?)

Unable to bear the downtime of another remote reimage, I ended up doing a yum uninstall of psa, followed by a manual download/install of the plesk 8.3 autoupdate script. Everything has been perfect, till when I tried to add a database. This error appears:

MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'server_version' in 'field list'

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:218
db_query(string 'select `id`, `host`, `port`, `type`, `last_error`, `server_version` from DatabaseServers')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DatabaseServerManager.php:194
DatabaseServerManager->fetchServers()
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.DBAddForm.php:95
DBAddForm->assign(array, array)
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/db_add.php:136

I did do some research on the forum, and ran a mysql query to see what the version info in the db actually was: it said 0830. Hmm. The plesk installer for 8.3 did actually fail, but I logged in and everything seemed to be fine.

Any help you can give me would me much appreciated. I do not not NOT want to reimage or start again :/

Thanks in advance.

Hi
What do you get when executing the following
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e"select * from DatabaseServers;"

What MySQL version do you have installed?
Is MySQL version detected correctly in Plesk CP > Components management ?
what is the output of
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng mysql

Back