• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unknown php config error

Thomas Kraft

New Pleskian
I have numerous websites and subdomains on a shared server ob Precison pros. I have identical php and html code on 5 different subdomain pages. The configurations for php settings (ver 5.3.3) on the server are identical as well. When I follow process through html submit and call php files, they work flawlessly on 3 of the five pages. They leave blank page on the other two. I have error reporting on and still get blank and no error reporting. Where is this possible that it is failing only on certain domains. Where would you suggest I start my troubleshooting. I am at a loss. p.s. apache and nginx are identical as well.

Hi Thomas Kraft,

you apache - and nginx - log - files will point you directly to possible issues/errors/problems. If you need help with the investigations, pls. provide something ( log, configuration files, PHP - codes, ... ), which can be investigated.

I'm figuring you are correct in the assumption that it is in the configuration on the server. Here is the odd part. I changed nothing from the default inintially. Left it the way it was setup by whoever at Plesk or PreciaonPros so this has been an iossue for php on this site from the word go, yet the other sites do not fail with same code. So, I am not sure what I am looking for, I gave you some files to look at. Mostly logs. to see if you spot something quirky.
The one line in the error log which states Parallel Panel name does not match domain is concerning. Anyways, here are files, if you spot something obvous to you, I'd appreciate it. Thanks UFHH01
Tom

Attachments

• copy of access_log.processed 170319.txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • copy of awscu.html-on server 170319.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
  • copy of process_access_log_1470319.txt
    4 KB · Views: 3
  • copy of Proxy_access_log 170319.txt
    495 bytes · Views: 1
  • copy xferlog_regular.processed.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 0
  • error log 4 aws site 170319.txt
    7 KB · Views: 3
  • php file on server.txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
The one line in the error log which states Parallel Panel name does not match domain is concerning.
No, not a problem. Can be ignored.

The other logs: I am not seeing where a .php file is requested at all. Maybe it helps UFHH01 and others if you create a phpinfo.php file, try open that one and then show the log entries that are generated in access_log and error_log at the time when you request that file. Save this code into a file that you name phpinfo.php:
Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Then open that URL, e.g. http://arlingtonwebservices.com/phpinfo.php.
Then provide the access_log and error_log entries generated by that one transaction for further analysis.

Hi Thomas Kraft,

the possible relevant PHP - file would be "../php/awscontactus.php", due to the fact, that when testing your contact - site, this sites displays a blank site and not the contact site itself.

Could you as well confirm, that you use the very same webserver settings on each (sub)domain and can you confirm as well, that each (sub)domain uses the very same PHP - handler configuration?
Pls. post the relevant webserver configuration files from ONE (sub)domain, where your html and php code work as expected and from ONE (sub)domain, where it doesn't - for further investigations. The relevant configuration files can be found at "/var/www/vhosts/system/subdomain.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/conf", or "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/conf".

Consider as well to provide the information of ONE relevenat (sub)domain, where your contact form works as expected and ONE relevant (sub)domain, where it doesn't.
In addition, it would make sense to provide the information, if you received the testing - eMail, I send over your contact form over your domain "www.arlingtonwebservices.com".

Off-topic:
Another hint for your buisiness itself ( or rather for the content of your site(s) ):
Pls. be aware, that an "A+" ranking with no reviews at all between 2006 and 2017 is a bad idea to post as content ( as advertisement ). Just ask yourself, what the information "no reviews at all in 11 years buisiness" points out for your customers/website-visitors. ;) ( Pls. don't forget to READ the "Composite Score" ( and don't forget to open the additional informations, by clicking on the "?" ).

Hi Thomas Kraft,

the possible relevant PHP - file would be "../php/awscontactus.php", due to the fact, that when testing your contact - site, this sites displays a blank site and not the contact site itself.

Could you as well confirm, that you use the very same webserver settings on each (sub)domain and can you confirm as well, that each (sub)domain uses the very same PHP - handler configuration?
Pls. post the relevant webserver configuration files from ONE (sub)domain, where your html and php code work as expected and from ONE (sub)domain, where it doesn't - for further investigations. The relevant configuration files can be found at "/var/www/vhosts/system/subdomain.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/conf", or "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/conf".

Consider as well to provide the information of ONE relevenat (sub)domain, where your contact form works as expected and ONE relevant (sub)domain, where it doesn't.
In addition, it would make sense to provide the information, if you received the testing - eMail, I send over your contact form over your domain "www.arlingtonwebservices.com".

Off-topic:
Another hint for your buisiness itself ( or rather for the content of your site(s) ):
Pls. be aware, that an "A+" ranking with no reviews at all between 2006 and 2017 is a bad idea to post as content ( as advertisement ). Just ask yourself, what the information "no reviews at all in 11 years buisiness" points out for your customers/website-visitors. ;) ( Pls. don't forget to READ the "Composite Score" ( and don't forget to open the additional informations, by clicking on the "?" ).

Found it. After looking through your suggestions on the settings I caught an HTTP redirect error 301 and went back to Hosting Settings and changed preferred domain to none rather than a specific URL and that solved the problem. All the others that worked were checked as NONE This domain was not. So I learned something new and you were excellent on giving me direction where to look. I appreciate it so much this has been bugging me for months. Not sure where to rate you but I will figure that out and make sure evryone knows you are the best. Thanks again so much. And concerning that other hint, I will pass that on to higher ups.

Back