1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Unpack (NOT restore) a PSA Dump?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Soulhuntre, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Soulhuntre

Soulhuntre Guest

Hey all!

I have a Linux Plesk 7.5 system that did a backup with this command...

(assume $fname containes a filename)

/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump --nostop --nostop-domain --noblock -f - | gzip > /root/psa_backup/$fname

I want to extract the MySQL database for a single domain, without having to go through a messy restore process. Is that possible?

2. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
  3. Soulhuntre

Soulhuntre Guest

The problem is I need to retrieve the old MySQL database and merge it with the current one (there was some accidental deletion of records).

Selective restore is useless for this - even if I map the domain to a new name the MySQL DB will still want to come in with the old name and either fail or over-write the current one.

I really want to expand that archive onto disk and get the data myself.

4. phoenixisp

57%
    I don't think you can do what you are trying to do. Maybe you could setup another server, restore the dump file and then extract your database.

5. Soulhuntre

Soulhuntre Guest

Yeah, I have a VPC runnign and am putting in Ubuntu now for that. But its a seriously silly thing not to be able to do.

6. thewolf

thewolf Regular Pleskian

57%
    I feel your pain. Anyone from SWsoft listening?

Thanks.

7. phoenixisp

57%
    Sorry guy, sw-soft is not listening. This being strictly a users forum they do not monitor it. Send them an email.

8. AlleyKat

AlleyKat Guest

My method is MIME-decode the file in TotalCommander, then finding the right resulting .bin file (you get a bunch and a text file), rename it to .gz, extract the file within - thats the sqldump of the database. A little edit in the file with any plaintext editor and it's fixed and ready to restore...