• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Unpack (NOT restore) a PSA Dump?

S

Soulhuntre

Hey all!

I have a Linux Plesk 7.5 system that did a backup with this command...

(assume $fname containes a filename)

/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump --nostop --nostop-domain --noblock -f - | gzip > /root/psa_backup/$fname

I want to extract the MySQL database for a single domain, without having to go through a messy restore process. Is that possible?

Originally posted by phoenixisp
http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Doc/plesk-7.5r-backup-restore-html/index.html

There is a section on selective restoring that may help.

The problem is I need to retrieve the old MySQL database and merge it with the current one (there was some accidental deletion of records).

Selective restore is useless for this - even if I map the domain to a new name the MySQL DB will still want to come in with the old name and either fail or over-write the current one.

I really want to expand that archive onto disk and get the data myself.

I don't think you can do what you are trying to do. Maybe you could setup another server, restore the dump file and then extract your database.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
I don't think you can do what you are trying to do. Maybe you could setup another server, restore the dump file and then extract your database.

Yeah, I have a VPC runnign and am putting in Ubuntu now for that. But its a seriously silly thing not to be able to do.

Originally posted by Soulhuntre
Yeah, I have a VPC runnign and am putting in Ubuntu now for that. But its a seriously silly thing not to be able to do.
I feel your pain. Anyone from SWsoft listening?

Thanks.

Sorry guy, sw-soft is not listening. This being strictly a users forum they do not monitor it. Send them an email.

My method is MIME-decode the file in TotalCommander, then finding the right resulting .bin file (you get a bunch and a text file), rename it to .gz, extract the file within - thats the sqldump of the database. A little edit in the file with any plaintext editor and it's fixed and ready to restore...

Back