• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Update 11.5.30 to 12.0.18

szisti

New Pleskian
Has anyone done this?
I'm running a server with 11.5.30 Update #47 and have the pending update to the new version
I'm running the new on a smaller server and love it, but am paranoid about updating

What issues should I expect?

Recently upgraded 2 production servers from 11.5 to 12. Both on CentOS 6.5 very latest updates.

Went quite well with only 2 minor issues after the upgrade.

Did read a lot on the forum to prepare. Backup of servers essential - just in case. Certificates have caused issues, make sure yours are ok. Packages of other repos apparenty caused the odd issue. Don't use other repos ourself but would advise to temporarily disable them, than re-enabe after upgrade.

Upgrade itself went very well.

Quick systems check after the upgrade showed that the clients websites weren't displayed. Logged into server console and
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
sorted it. [Had the same issue when upgrading from Plesk 11.0 to 11.5 a long while back]

Second issue was discovered a little while later. Compression of log files wasn't working as expected. As it doesn't really affect clients it was tackled the day after.

All-in-all quite smooth. Thanks to Plesk team for doing a very good job on the upgrade path! :)

Back