• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Update ioncube loaders to 10.1 for PHP 7.1 and 7.2 packages

danami

Silver Pleskian
The current version of ioncube that's used for Plesks PHP 7.X packages should be updated as its incompatible with most newer ioncube encoded software. It should be updated to the latest 10.1.x version for PHP 7.X. ) The new 10.1 encoder is also backwards compatible with older encoded scripts.

Hello,
if you need to update ioncube loader, here the steps to follow :

Example for php7.0
Code:
# find the php extension dir 
/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php -i | grep extension_dir

# download ioncube laoders
wget http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.zip
unzip ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.zip
rm ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.zip

cd ioncube/

# replace ioncube loader
cp -f ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so /opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/
chmod 755 /opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so

# restart php70-fpm 
service plesk-php70-fpm restart

Yes I know how to do that. The only problem with manually overriding files is that Plesk can sometimes overwrite them when you do a Plesk update and the Plesk PHP ioncube loader gets updated.

Yes I know how to do that. The only problem with manually overriding files is that Plesk can sometimes overwrite them when you do a Plesk update and the Plesk PHP ioncube loader gets updated.

If Plesk update them, it will update them to the latest release 10.1

Hi friends of Plesk,
no need to install it manually, today Plesk shot its new update Onyx 17.8.11 #5 with
ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.2.0.
Just made it over the Plesk Upgrade/Update panel.
Perhaps they've read your conversation here... :)

Greets

PLESK ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection v10.2.0.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately it looks like they only updated it for PHP 7.2 but forgot about the other 7.X versions.

Okay, it depends on what you prefer...since a few years I always use the latest (new) version of PHP. Nowadays in present the latest PHP version ist always stable and incredible fast with a lot of features (imagick, geo, and ioncube...). In earlier years it was better to wait a little until everyone could be sure that there are no problems with cross dependencies, security and runtime. The same like with PLESK, both have made great progress with their developments and latest versions can be used in production...

Greets

Back