• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update Issue with Worpdress and others

Medienpirat

New Pleskian
Hi

i´m faceing some issue since the last plesk updates but i dont know if that has something to do with my issues. So i have to ask here first. I´m using Plesk 11 with CentOS.

There are some Wordpress instances on my server. Sometime there are new updates for plugins available and i try to hit automatic updates in wordpress backend. I got this message:

Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten. Etwas scheint nicht korrekt zu laufen mit der Server Konfiguration von WordPress.org. Sollte dieses Problem länger bestehen, bitte nehme Kontakt mit dem Support Forum (en) auf.

Content of resolve.conf:
options rotate
options timeout:3
# Generated by NetworkManager
search startdedicated.com
nameserver 85.25.128.10
nameserver 85.25.255.10

Content of /etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
85.25.XXX.XXX localhost.localdomain localhost puXXXX.startdedicated.com

I can ping wordpress.org from shell without any problems.

Does anyone know how to fix that or where to search for a solution?

Wordpress Issues

This error message in English roughly translates to;

"An unexpected error has occurred. Something does not seem to run correctly with the server configuration from WordPress.org. If this problem persists longer, please take contact with the support forum (s) on."

Now, I have had similar issues in that the new version of PLESK does NOT deal with the folder and file permissions correctly if wordpress was NOT installed via the PLESK Control Panel, if you go into the domain with the issue and 'File Manager', you should be able to check the permissions and adjust them accordingly.

This MAY not be the same issue I had, but it looks very similar.

Hm...i have installed wordpress not via control panel as you. Will check permissions again for this. Could you tell me what permissions/folder was wrong on your installation?

Hi, sounds like it could be same issue.

Go to your domain in Plesk and into the File Manager.
Look for the folder wp-content as this contains all the uploads, themes and plugins, therefore the folder, subfolders and files need to have FULL control for the domain administrator & FTP User so when updating from WITHIN wordpress, you will not be asked for login details etc and can overwrite files.

Once I did this the problem for me disappeared.

Back