• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update of firewall setting runs into timeout in plesk panel

andre.spindler

Basic Pleskian
When I want to apply the modified ruleset, I get a timeout:

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx

Plesk version is 12.5.30 Update #30 on CentOS 6.7 (Final)

Try to do following:
  1. Clear cache:

# rm -rf /var/lock/lmlib/container_locks
    # rm -f /usr/local/psa/var/cache/*
    # service sw-engine restart
    # service sw-cp-server restart

2. Install latest Plesk updates:

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Thanks.
Together with a server reboot (due to kernel update) this helped and works now.

This thread should be marked as solved (is this possible? - didn't found that).

I have to reopen this again:

Now the same issue again: When I want to adopt the newly modifications, I run into the same time out.
Clearing the caches as suggested above does not work. I have to reboot the complete server.

When I click on "Adopt changes" (? - german: "Änderungen übernehmen"), Plesk is busy for 4,5min to process the request, activation takes another 2 minutes.
So Plesk needs 6,5min to rewrite the firewall rules. Server is a dual quadcore system with 8x3,54GHz (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v3 @ 3.50GHz).
WTF??? What is Plesk doing here? Recompiling the kernel? Mining some bitcoins? Or is it just an inefficient slow and time wasting piece of software?

Back to the initial issue:
Does this mean that I have now to reboot the server every time when I have to modify a firewall rule? Not because of the ruleset itself but plesk as the failing management platform? O ****...

Back