• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Update or not an Update

Robin93K

New Pleskian
Well, my system seems to be very confused...
On one hand he says I'm on Version: 12.5.30 Update Nr. 27, which he calls up to date...
While on the other Hand, there is a big red attention box on top of my dashboard which says that "the update" failed, including links to the 2 last attempts, who always end with the warning:

Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
plesk-mysql-server-12.5.30-cos7.build1205150826.19.x86_64 requires mariadb-server >= 5.0.60

ERROR: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

So, well I checked mariadb, but phpinfo told me that it's: 5.5.44-MariaDB

Everything seems to work fine, but the red box and the daily E-Mail that "the Update" failed is kinda annoying and... somehow disturbing...

So yeah, I don't even know what my Problem is... or if I really even have one... but I'm a bit concerned~
What does all that mean?

What about

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

?

Well, okay but it seems to be already installed so... due to the facts everything works right now...
I'm just not gonna touch the running system and hope that the next update will remove this warning...

Does that sound like the best thing to do?

And how long will it probably take, 'til that future update?

Back