• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Update PHP to 5.3.x

D

davcom974

Hello,
Is it safe to update to PHP5.3.x on PLESK 9.5.x?
How can I do this?
If I get issues, can I revert back to PHP5.2? How?

And is it possible to have PHP 5.3 installed for only specific domains? I know this is possible for the windows version. How can I do this on LINUX?

Many thanks!

There are two PHP in Plesk - one for Plesk admin interface (lighttpd) and one for client's sites (Apache):

Plesk's php:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini

Client's php:

/usr/bin/php
/etc/php.ini

You can upgrade only client's PHP and can't do it only for one separate domain.
You can use this method - http://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/PHP but seems there is only 5.2 version. Ask atomicturtle when 5.3 will be available.

5.3 will be available in the next few weeks in the atomic repo.

There are some major changes in this update that deprecate some existing functions which I suspect will cause some downstream support overhead for everyone (the folks at parallels, 4PSA, and all their customers and customers customers).

Any time I know a major update will do this, I only approve the release for the beginning of the week to spare us our valuable weekends :p

I built my own php-5.3.2 from Fedora 12 srpm onto my Fedora 11 server and it runs perfectly with plesk. I have not had one issue.

Make sure all your php scripts and anything you run on your domains are ready. It should not be a problem with anything current. I run ubbthreads and it's fully 5.3 compliant.

Just remember to set safe mode to off, and add your timezone into the php.ini file, otherwise your error logs get large as these are all depreciated (safe mode) and enforced (set time zone) in php-5.3x

True,

But on my servers its not an issue all mysql-5.1 and all my boards and sites everything has been php-5.3 ready for ages.

Any newer OS that natively supports php-5.3 its not an issue. Fedora 11 only stayed on 5.2x as it would not breal API, but rather compatability for any existing web apps running (a yum update else breal web sites using non 5.3 compliant software). However F11 is safe to up to php-5.3x as long as your not using old non php-5.3 compliant web apps.

Remi been building php-5.3 since it started, I opted to stay with the Fedora releses and hence rebuild the F12 srpm.

Hi atomicturtle,

Has PHP 5.3.2 available in http://www.atomicorp.com/wiki/index.php/PHP?

My plesk version is 9.5, would like to upgrade PHP version from 5.1.6 to 5.3.2, any advice how to upgrade it?

We tried follow the atomicorp link, but shows below error:

Error Downloading Packages:
tzdata-java-2010i-1.el5.x86_64: failure: RPMS/tzdata-java-2010i-1.el5.x86_64.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
krb5-workstation-1.6.1-36.el5_5.4.x86_64: failure: RPMS/krb5-workstation-1.6.1-36.el5_5.4.x86_64.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
lcms-1.18-0.1.beta1.el5_3.2.i386: failure: CentOS/lcms-1.18-0.1.beta1.el5_3.2.i386.rpm from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
grep-2.5.1-55.el5.x86_64: failure: CentOS/grep-2.5.1-55.el5.x86_64.rpm from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
libsmbclient-3.0.33-3.29.el5_5.x86_64: failure: RPMS/libsmbclient-3.0.33-3.29.el5_5.x86_64.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Back