• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Update PhpMyAdmin and MySQL

fredi111

New Pleskian
Hello guys!

This is my first post here.

I am a web developer who is working for a creative agency and I have to point out that is my first time using Plesk platform.

When I first logged in control panel, I was very suprised because everything was to old, like windows xp :D but that didn't stop me to do my work. While I was working on I began to have problems along the way. I noticed that PhpMyAdmin (2.8.2.4) and MySQL(5.0) were outdated. I also noticed that I didn't have privileges to create a new database.

I need to know what's wrong? Is there a way how to update them?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.png
    2.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi fredi111,

When I first logged in control panel, I was very suprised because everything was to old, like windows xp
Indeed, your screenshots show clearly, that you don't use Plesk Onyx and it seems, that you are "only" a customer at this server, and not the server administrator?

I noticed that PhpMyAdmin (2.8.2.4) and MySQL(5.0) were outdated. I also noticed that I didn't have privileges to create a new database.
I assume, that you are a customer from the reseller/hoster "doruknet" and therefore you should ask him about possible limitations at your subsription.

Which MySQL - server version is installed on your server, depends on the choice that the server administrator makes. Pls. contact him/her for further informations.
The same goes for the installed Plesk version, it's components and extensions. Again, pls. contact your server administrator for further informations. :)

Back