• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Update "Restrict the ability to follow symbolic links" for all websites

Enzonius

New Pleskian
My team is responsible for migrating websites to Plesk CentOS 7 servers. The recent update to enable "Restrict the ability to follow symbolic links" has been a real problem for us. I know with an individual website you can just got to Domains > example.com > Apache & Nginx Settings and then uncheck the box for "Restrict the ability to follow symbolic links" in order to turn it off. However, we also found that when you perform a bulk migration using the Migrator tool that all websites that get migrated will all have "Restrict the ability to follow symbolic links" enabled. This is not ideal because if we have to migrate a server that has over 100 subscriptions/domains that means I'm going to have to uncheck a lot of boxes and waste a lot of time.

My question is if there is a way to mass update all websites on a server via command line so that I don't have to uncheck that box individually for each website via the Plesk panel. If not is there a way to disable this on a server so the default behavior is not to turn on "Restrict the ability to follow symbolic links" ? If there isn't there really should be because this is a major oversight for users with lots of websites.

-Thank you

You can try to use the following command for mass update domain settings:

# for dom in `plesk bin domain --list`; do plesk bin subscription --update-web-server-settings $dom -apache-restrict-follow-sym-links 'false'; done

Back