• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Update Times

moswak

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
in panel.ini is set:
[updates]
updateDays = friday,saturday
timeFrameStart = 01
timeFrameEnd = 05

now i receive a email:
Plesk Installer 3.24.0 (revision 7198eaf1ccdd) started at (timezone CET) Wed Feb 19 17:01:02

what is wrong ? why does the installer start on a day that is not defined at all?

Sorry for this inconvenience.
I confirm there was a bug with the queue for automatic updates: we checked the schedule too late and the first batch of servers started the update disregard the allowed time frames.
In further updates we won't repeat this mistake.

thank you for the quick feedback and information
"where people work mistakes are made" ;) no problem

Hi,

That doesn't seem to be working properly.

Obsidian 18.0.25 was released on 03/17. The day is 21.03 and the settings are still the same

[updates]
updateDays = friday,saturday
timeFrameStart = 01
timeFrameEnd = 05

not a single server has updated :(

We have not started rolling out of the automated updates for 18.0.25 yet.
We are going to do it on Monday after the first minor update 18.0.25.1 is available.

In your case, the automated update is expected only the next Friday.
However, you can perform a manual update.

Last edited:
We have started rolling out of the automated updates for 18.0.25 yet.
We are going to do it on Monday after the first minor update 18.0.25.1 is available.

okay. So there is a difference between the release date of the new version and the start date of the automatic updates.
I didn't know that this was separate.
thank you for the information

However, you can perform a manual update.

is not mandatory

Moreover, the process is very gentle and does not update all Plesk instances as soon as possible.
We are trying to spread the audience during the month, starting with a small portion and growing the daily rate.

thanks for your detailed explanation. then of course it is completely understandable that the updates take place with a time delay.

I have an additional question.

Is it correct that the update to 18.0.27 Update 1 is installed arbitrarily no matter what is specified in the panel.ini for update days and update time windows?
Do the entries in the ini only apply to upgrades 26 to 27 and do not apply to minor updates?

Is it correct that the update to 18.0.27 Update 1 is installed arbitrarily no matter what is specified in the panel.ini for update days and update time windows?
Do the entries in the ini only apply to upgrades 26 to 27 and do not apply to minor updates?
Yes, you are right.

Why are the update days and periods specified in the panel.ini completely ignored when updating from 18.0.28 to 18.0.29 ?

today dozens of servers do the updates "at noon" at the same time. high cpu load on the nodes, phone calls why there are 504 or 502 messages (nginx restart) etc.

has the syntax changed? with the updates from 18.0.27 to 18.0.28 everything was still okay.

can someone please give me feedback ?
The defined update days and times are also completely ignored when updating from 29 to 30.

can someone please give me feedback ?
The defined update days and times are also completely ignored when updating from 29 to 30.

I'm not a particularly big fan of the new update system; if I were the friendly folks at Plesk, I would advocate making the following changes, none of which are particularly development-intensive:
  1. Set the update schedule via the GUI (it can still write to the INI file)
  2. Consider enabling Pleskians to schedule the next version update for a specific date/time
  3. Enable Pleskians to hold off 60 days (or some set value) until updates occur, especially now that the 'late adopter' release track is no more

I understand this is an old thread but Plesk support pointed me to it. The configured update schedule is also not used for "system updates" which are always installed daily.

Back