• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Update to 18.0.27 failed

moswak

Regular Pleskian
I received the message from 3 centos 6 servers tonight that the upgrade to 18.0.27 failed.

with other centos6 servers the update went through without problems

error was:
Error: Cannot open file /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6/base/packages/perl-Error-0.17015-4.el6.noarch.rpm: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/ var / cache / yum / x86_64 / 6 / base / packages / perl-Error-0.17015-4.el6.noarch.rpm '
TypeError: an integer is required
error: python callback <bound method RPMTransaction.callback of <yum.rpmtrans.RPMTransaction instance at 0x57952d8 >> failed, aborting!

I installed the perl error package and completed the unfinished removal of the older plesk packages with yum-complete-transaction.

Plesk is now displayed as 18.0.27 but without installationdate and everything seems to be working but the upgrade to 18.0.27 is still proposed. If i open the web installer, 18.0.27 is also displayed.

should I do anything else or can I upgrade to 18.0.27 again?

Hi IgorG,

first you wrote "try to fix with # plesk repair installation"
your post to support.plesk.com is not my problem. when i run"package-cleanup --dupes" there are no duplicates

i run plesk repair installation
**** Product repair completed successfully.

I will wait 24 hours and then see if "An update to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27 is available." is still displayed after the login in plesk.

Hi IgorG,

# plesk repair installation
or
# plesk installer update --repatch

doesnt solve the issue
"An update to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27 is available." is still displayed after the login in plesk

since everything seems to be running normally, maybe just wait until the next update?

You can also try to fix it with

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

Result: "You already have the latest version of product(s) and all the selected components installed. Installation will not continue."

nothing has changed in the display

screen.jpg

I just wait until the next update is due and will see what happens next

I'm having the exact same problem but with upgrading to 18.0.28 that auto-installed overnight.
Same file:
Error: Cannot open file /var/cache/yum/x86_64/7/base/packages/perl-Error-0.17020-2.el7.noarch.rpm:

@IgorG you might want to look into a solution so others don't have this issue that has been around for a while. Might it flare up again with 18.0.29?

The install had to repair itself after it failed and looks ok now, but the panel is saying the update to 18.0.28 is still available...

Back