• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Updateing Plesk Panel from 9.5.4 to 10.0.0 on SUSE 10.3 x86_64

dilo83

New Pleskian
Hi,

today i tried to update the Plesk Panel from shell (ssh) on our Linux-Server.

I started update by calling

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

and the following error occured:

ERROR: Unable to proceed with the installation until the package psa-libpam-plesk-10.10.1-suse10.3.build1010110120.18.x86_64 is removed from the system.

the package has dependencies on psa-base packages, so i updated the linux-distribution first by

zypper update

the update removed the old Plesk-Panel because it's not compatible to some packages. After that is startet autoinstaller again (must call /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller, old link is dangling)

then i got an other error (sorry, i have only copied a part of the message):

DATABASE ERROR!!! Previous product version is 9.5.4, but previous database xxx (something like old version was 9.5.4 and new is 10.0.0 and is not compatible)

At the moment i played back an full system-backup so everything is ok, but plesk is 9.5.4

Now my question: How can i update Plesk? When i remove the mysql-database/table all settings will be lost.

Thanks,

Dirk

It seems your Plesk is completely damaged now. I strongly recommend you contact Support Team if you can't repair it by yourself.

No. Plesk is at the state of the first installation.

I can replay full backups on the server - so at the moment there is all ok. Plesk works fine, but has many security bugs i want to fix with the update!

My main-problem is: how can i merge the old psa-database into new format? Normally i would think the update-process should do this, but it doesn't!

@IgorG: When you say it is completely damaged - is there an integrity-check or something else?

At the moment you have mismatch of Plesk versions in different places. Check it with:

# rpm -qa psa
# cat /usr/local/psa/version
# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e" select * from misc where param='version'"
# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e"select * from upgrade_history"

You can try to restore psa database from Plesk 9.5.4 from backup in /var/lib/psa/dumps and try upgrade again. But I strongly recommend you contact Support Team.

Here is the output:

# cat /usr/local/psa/version
9.5.4 SuSE 10.3 95101209.05

# rpm -qa psa
psa-9.5.4-suse10.3.build95101209.05

# mysql -uadmin -p"$(cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow)" psa -e" select * from misc where param='version'"
+---------+------+
| param | val |
+---------+------+
| version | 0954 |
+---------+------+

# mysql -uadmin -p"$(cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow)" psa -e" select * from upgrade_history"
+---------------------+-----------------------------+------------+
| upgrade_date | version_info | db_version |
| 2011-10-19 15:52:35 | 9.0.1 SuSE 10.3 90090127.18 | 0901 |
| 2011-10-19 17:07:09 | 9.3.0 SuSE 10.3 93100518.17 | 0930 |
| 2011-10-20 08:21:43 | 9.5.0 SuSE 10.3 95100309.16 | 0950 |

Hi,

we have also some other Servers with the same problem, so it must be a Bug in Plesk when the same error exists on different servers.

What's about the output i've replied in my last answer?

Back