• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating PHP and MySQL in CentOS 6.5 and Plesk 12.5.30

Stefano_Thiella

New Pleskian
Hi, I have a server with CentOS 6.5 and Plesk 12.5.30 installed.
I found out that the PHP version of the server is 5.3.3 and the MySQL version is 5.1.73.
Both versions are very old and I would like to update to newer ones, but I'm not sure how to do it correctly. I don't want to break anything because there are a lot of client websites in that server.
How should I proceed? And why those versions are so outdated? Thanks!

For PHP use "Multiple PHP" feature. More detail in Plesk documentation.
Upgrade MySQL has been discussed here many times. Just use forum search.

For PHP use "Multiple PHP" feature. More detail in Plesk documentation.
Upgrade MySQL has been discussed here many times. Just use forum search.
So I can just leave the PHP version to 5.3 and update MySQL without problems? I'm already using PHP 5.6 on websites using the "Multiple PHP" feature.

Life is not easy and problems always can be. But yes, do not touch PHP, we constantly update PHP versions with Plesk microupdates. MySQL is coming from OS vendor repositories and updated on OS level by OS package managers.

Life is not easy and problems always can be.
Well said.
But yes, do not touch PHP, we constantly update PHP versions with Plesk microupdates. MySQL is coming from OS vendor repositories and updated on OS level by OS package managers.
I read something about OS vendor repositories. I'll update MySQL using one of the guides I found. Thanks for the clarification!

Back