• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating php version with Plesk

pedorret

New Pleskian
Hello, I have a virtual server with Centos and Plesk 11.5 and I would like to update the php version which is 5.3.3

I follow the instructions of http://kb.odin.com/en/115875 but when I write the order sudo rpm -Uvh remi-release-6*.rpm epel-release-6*.rpm the terminal ask a password. I try all the passwords I use on the server but with no results. What can I do???

Thanks

Thanks for the answer IgorG but I tried all the passwords I use on the server and noone works. Which is the system password?? The pass I use to join parallels??
Can I find this password??

ok, but the thing is I never change this password when I contract with my provider the virtual server... Anyfile on the system where I can find this password?

I don't understand exactly what you mean with "you SSH'ed to the server". I tried with panel control of my provider, virtuozzo pass and plesk pass. It's all I have!

Hi pedorret,

just to clear things up: WHICH username do you use, when you connect to your server over a terminal?

The command "sudo", with no additional username in the command, let you perform a command with the system-user "root" and therefore the password needed is the root - password. If you are already logged in with the user "root" over the terminal, you don't need the command "sudo" in front of the suggested command, because you are already using the system-user root.

It would be different, if you use a command like "sudo username ... ", because then the password of "username" would be needed.

Back