• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Updating Plesk 12.0.18 to Plesk 12.5

Sancherodan

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a virtual machine running CentOS6 with CloudLinux 6.7, and I have Plesk 12.0.18. I have been trying to update to Plesk 12.15 but everytime I get the following error:

"Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:"
plesk-php55-mysqlnd-5.5.16-1.el6.x86_64 requires plesk-php55-pdo = 5.5.16-1.el6
plesk-php54-mssql-5.4.32-1.el6.x86_64 requires plesk-php54-pdo = 5.4.32-1.el6
plesk-php54-mysqlnd-5.4.32-1.el6.x86_64 requires plesk-php54-pdo = 5.4.32-1.el6
plesk-php55-mssql-5.5.16-1.el6.x86_64 requires plesk-php55-pdo = 5.5.16-1.el6
Error: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, contact product technical support.

I have installed all PHP packages needed using $ yum groupinstall alt-php; but no matter what I do, I still get the same error. Plesk doesn't see the PHP packages that I already have when trying to install! I have been thinking about uninstalling CloudLinux and converting back to CentOS6 since multiple versions of PHP are only supported in Plesk 12.5 for CloudLinux. But I cannot update! and I am scared of how swiching back to CentOS would affect Plesk since I have over 200 websites hosted there.

What can I do to update to fix this error to be able to update Plesk to 12.5?
Is is safe to uninstall CloudLinux or is it a risky move?

Thank you in advance for your help

Back