• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating rkhunter and Plesk

iainh

Basic Pleskian
What is the recommended way to update rkhunter and SpamAssassin. My Plesk up to date 12.0.18 Update #23 server I have:
  • spamassassin SpamAssassin 3.3.1 (2010-03-16) (v3.3.1-3.el6). 3.4.0 is the current version (2014-02-07)
  • Rootkit Hunter v1.3.4 (12 Jan 2009). v1.4.2 is the current version (24 Feb 2014)
The old version of rkhunter in particular is good at throwing up false positives and so it would be good to get a more current version running and stop the 'noise' which ultimately makes the checks less helpful and any real result more likely to be missed.

I can't find any KB article about how to go about 'Plesk-approved' updates.

Hey guys,

I was literally going to make a post about this.. Is there anyway we can possibly be updated with this with a solution to update the softwares? These false positives are a little too much.. Also, rkhunter passes these false positives which are said to be fixed in the latest version.

Please advise, thank you!

And the problem with the false positives is you would miss a valid positive; wood for tree! So each week you get the rkhunter report, you delete it as it simply reports the same false positives over and over...until the one time it mentions something new and important and you miss it. These false positive reports are worse the useless as the encourage missing a real identified issue :-(

Back