• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Updating special OpenSSL version

Dukemaster

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
I've installed ngx_pagespeed by UFHH01' solution.
Now I've the problem to update OpenSSL draft-18 to draft 23. In real we have a new 4 days old release. Also Nginx is on 1.13.10 with incredible new features.
OpenSSL_1_1_1-pre3
on openssl/openssl
Under step 5. of Uwe's tutorial he wrote:
Code:
cd /usr/share
git clone https://github.com/openssl/openssl.git
cd openssl
git checkout tls1.3-draft-18

./config shared enable-tls1_3 --prefix=/usr/share/openssl --openssldir=/usr/share/openssl -Wl,-rpath,'$(LIBRPATH)'

Questions:
1. How is it possible to update OpenSSL Draft-18 to Draft-28?
I'm afraid of the possibility damaging the whole OpenSSL installation.
On another server also with Ubuntu 16.04 I tried a fresh installation of the whole tutorial (Nginx 1.13.10) and changed git checkout tls1.3-draft-18 to git checkout tls1.3-draft-23 and 28 (latest). But I didn't worked. Only the usual git checkout tls1.3-draft-18 was possible.
The installation was successful in Qualys. BUT IN REAL FIREFOX showed only TLS 1.2.
What is wrong? Possible that it is now necessary to add additional values and to change the installation?

2. If it's not possible to overwrite the old version, could you please help me by an safe instruction to remove the old one to install the new version afterwards.

Thanks for all helpful advices.

Last edited:
That's a 2016 tutorial!

I can only see tls1.3-draft-18 and tls1.3-draft-19 on GitHub openssl/openssl
"master" is newer than those other branches.
Latest commit as of now is 6 hours ago.
The branch tls1.3-draft-18 had its latest commit 8 months ago so you weren't doing bleeding edge at all.

I guess that those other branches were suggested some time ago when tls1.3 was in development.
Maybe you shouldn't be doing these things if you're merely following other people's tutorials without seeing them in context.

Last edited:
Back