• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Updating the Application Vault

K

KSoftware

I've had Plesk on one of my servers for a while now and notice that the Application Valut programs don't seem to get updated. How can I manually update these?

The most important one I can see is PHPbb, but I'm sure others have been updated in the last 6 months too.

Isn't this automated?

Interested in what? The Mambo RPM?

So am I to understand that all these things in my application vault have to be updated by hand, and furthermore with packages specifically designed for Plesk? Wow - disappointing to say the least if there isn't any repository for these things.

Yes, this situation sucks very bad. I've only noticed the app vault does get updated on minor plesk updates. ie. 7.5.0 --> 7.5.1 Crappy though b/c we only get app vault updates every 3 to 4 months.

I think it would be in sw-soft's best interest to get a better handle on this as I'm sure lots of people use the app vault unlinke expand where there is almost zero development being done.

regards,
poke

In the meanwhile, I did following: I created my own
Anonymous FTP. And there are all the same files which
you can find in the Appl.Vaults over Plesk. But the files
onto my FTP-Server are real up-to-date.

Tommorrow, I will try to link the Plesk-System with my
Anonymous-FTP. The "psa" has only an URL of plesk
itself which I am able to exchange with my FTP-Server.

Clients or me (or of course you, because my FTP is
public for everyone) are then always able to get the
latest version of div. Appl.Vaults. The next step will then
be, that if someone detect a newer version of any
3rd-party-softwares, you can then also upload it into
the "incoming"-folder of the FTP-server.

Back