1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Upggraded a Plesk server (reinstalled) and now expand is reporting loads of errors!

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.2 Troubleshooting Issues' started by loopback-martin, Jun 26, 2008.

1. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

This afternoon we upgraded a Debian 3.1 / Plesk 8.1.1 to Debian 4 and Plesk 8.4. We did a fresh install of the server and after that we restored the psabackup.

It seems that this has caused the ID's to be totally wrong between Expand and Plesk. The 'Central mail' icon on our plesk server also gives an error.

If I try to reload an account in expand named 'John Doe', an error is created and in the errortext I can see that an entirely different account was trying to be reloaded. And if I compare the expand database what it thinks the plesk_client_id is compared to the real id of the plesk server (in the PSA db) they don't match at all. I don't feel comfortable to start updating these ID's myself if they exist in more than one table, and depend on each other.

We have registered a ticket with Parallels, #553820

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,
    Martin

2. Bers

Bers Basic Pleskian Staff Member

70%
    Hello, Martin

Just reassign your Plesk server to Cmail. The IDs will be corrected automatically.

best regards,

3. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

Sergey,

Thanks for your reply.

One question (I posted this reply to the support case with you as well), won't the domains be deleted (and all mail?) on the CMail server if I deassign the plesk server, and then assign it again?

Our Central mail is Plesk 8.1.1.

/Martin

4. Bers

70%
    Martin,

Leave the Remove all mail accounts from mail server checkbox unchecked through deassigning and all clients accounts, domains and mailbox will be untouched at the Cmail server.

5. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

When I assign the plesk server to the central mail server again, should I leave the "migrate mail content" checkbox unchecked ?

Thanks!
    /M

6. Bers

70%
    Yes, you should. Leave it unchecked too.

7. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

I've just done the assigning/deassigning and that fixed the central mail button. Great!

One major problem still exists though, all clients in expand that exist on the upgraded plesk server still have incorrect ID's.

If I click on the login button to the right in Screen 04.00.01 for a client, an incorrect client is shown. There is still an ID mismatch in the expand database <vs> the PSA database on the plesk server I guess.

If I try to reload account X, we still get errors. In the error text the SQL query is shown and I can see that an entirely different client is trying to be reloaded, causing an error.

The exact error text is in the case #553820

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thank you advance
    /martin

8. Bers

70%
    Ok, the fastest and safe way to fix this problem is to reset all Plesk clients and domains IDs. To do it follow these instructions:

1. Log into your Expand DB.

2. Execute queries (replace SERVER_ID with ID of the problem Plesk
    server):
    >UPDATE plesk_client SET plesk_client_id = NULL WHERE server_id=SERVER_ID;
    >UPDATE plesk_domain SET plesk_domain_id = NULL WHERE server_id=SERVER_ID;

3. And finally reload plesk clients and domains in Expand. All IDs will be recreated.

Note: I recommend you to create a backup of Expand database before perform any actions.

9. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

Sergey, many thanks!

Before I execute this. I received a completely different solution from your support, advising me to remove the plesk server entirely from Expand (deassign from cmail, cdns and then remove) and to add it again. But this will affect CDNS zones, making the sites unavailable for a while. Your solutions seems the safest, with minimum downtime?

/Martin

10. Bers

70%
    Yes, this solution is safe anougth and completely without downtime for your domains functionality.
    I'm going to correct the support knowlige base.

Please, let me know that my solution works fine for you and the Plesk server has no other errors.

best regards,

11. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

Unfortunately, it didn't work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <packet version="2.2.4.1">
    <refresh>
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errcode>2102</errcode>
    <errtext>[Transport] PleskAgent internal system error. (1014) [PleskAgent - GENERAL] Request parsing error. Parser error: Request is invalid</errtext>
    <server_id>4</server_id>
    </result>
    </refresh>
    </packet>

If I look in the database, the id's are still NULL.

12. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

What if I update the id's manually? I can find them in the PSA database on the plesk server (if you can mention what table to look in), and then do an update on the expand database. Is it only the plesk_client and plesk_domain tables in expand that are updated?

Thanks!
    /Martin

13. Bers

70%
    Martin, you should not reload just one client. You should reload all clients and all domains of Plesk server.

Go to your Plesk server page in Expand (Screen ID: 03.00.03), press Reload Server button, check Clients & domains checkbox and press Ok button.

14. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

Finally, that did it! I've created and deleted some new accounts and domains, everything seems fine. Central mail synchronizes without any issues either.

I'll report back here if I find any errors.

Many thanks for your help, it made my day. I'll ask the your support to close the case for now!

Best regards,
    Martin

15. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

Just a quick follow-up. Things are still looking good, no synchronization error and expand's "system health" reports that it's all good. I think it's a good idea to give your support organization this solution (DB update's), instead of the one they suggested which surely would have caused issues with CDNS.

We also upgraded our Cmail yesterday from 8.1.1 -> 8.4.0 and that seems to have worked out as well. We had some issues with debian's dist-upgrade to Debian 4 and the PSA packages, conflicts and depending packages, but nothing that wasn't solveable.

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

/martin