• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade 12.0.18 to 12.5.30 failed

gianni1

New Pleskian

Attachments

• plesk_12.5.30_repair.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 5
  • plesk_12.5.30_installation.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 9
  • plesk_12.5.30_installation_rerun.txt
    32.3 KB · Views: 5
i did it and the result is

Failed loading /usr/lib/php/modules/sw-engine/ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so: /usr/lib/php/modules/sw-engine/ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so: undefined symbol: zend_get_hash_value
Unknown command: --installation

exit status 1

Product version: 12.5.30
Build date: 2015/08/26 19:00
OS version: CentOS 6.7
Revision: 333059
Architecture: 32-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

Looks like that incorrect version of Ioncube loader is used there for some reason. You can try to fix it with help of this article http://kb.odin.com/en/121962
But it would be better contact Odin Support Team.

Hi,

i have successfully restored psa and apsc from previous pre-upgrade dumps

I launched a bootstrapper script /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh rerun
Now psa is started and it looks functioning... but the UI is almost the one of the 12.5.30 so it's weird and impossible to use (Schermata 2015-10-26 a 16.49.32.png)

Can you please help me? Do you have some advice???

Thanks A LOT!

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-10-26 a 16.49.32.png
    Schermata 2015-10-26 a 16.49.32.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
thanks for your reply.
This solution has worked for the home screen but not for the power user view.
See attached screenshot. Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-10-27 alle 10.21.16.png
    Schermata 2015-10-27 alle 10.21.16.png
    282.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi @gianni1,

Looks like installation was broken somewhere in the middle and not all components/packages were updated.
E.g sslmng is missed : /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/sslmng: No such file or directory (in installation_rerun.txt).
Then /usr/lib/php/modules/sw-engine/ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so: undefined symbol: zend_get_hash_value -- looks like some libraries/utilities versions mismatch etc.

So, first thing you should do is to update plesk packages/components to the actual version (12.5.30).
To do this you can run autoinstaller and install updates for components.
If update fails on some step, you can use a little trick: run autoinstaller with option --skip-cleanup, choose current plesk release 12.5.30 and exit.
Then you will have plesk resositories config in /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo (do not remember actual name).
So you can enable this repo and update packages using yum (are you familar with yum?).

Next step is to repair plesk.
You _can_ run bootstrapper repair but you've made a little mistake:
> /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh rerun
You should run bootstrapper v12.5.30, not from 12.0.18.
But there is one more trick: you can simply run "plesk repair installation" (it actually calls "bootstrapper repair" but proper version).

What else.. You can check you Plesk for errors running: "plesk repair all -n". If you run it without -n option it will try to fix the problems.

In conclusion, I cannot guess the actual reason why upgrade was broken. You can attach plesk_12.5.30_installation_problems.log and autoinstaller3.log -- they can contain some usefull info.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your reply.

Me too I think my plesk installation is currently in the middle between 12.0.18 and 12.5.30.

Before doing any steps, I would like to explain the situation:

• On the home screen is reported 12.0.18#69 (same version on page title), but in the product update page the version reported is 12.5.30.
See screenshots Schermata 2015-10-27 alle 12.03.17.png Schermata 2015-10-27 alle 10.46.25.png

• The autoupdater try to download package for 12.5.30 but it fails see error autoinstaller.txt.

• I have a problem with plesk commands:
# plesk repair installation -n
Unknown command: --installation
exit status 1

# plesk repair all -n
Unknown command: --all
exit status 1

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller
BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.

• I don't find plesk_12.5.30_installation_problems.log
Schermata 2015-10-27 a 12.17.12.png
see attached files instead
plesk_12.5.30_installation.txt
plesk_12.5.30_repair.txt
plesk_12.5.30_installation_rerun.txt

• I noticed there are many duplicated packages
package_duples.txt

I'm not an advanced yum user...

What do you suggest? Please help me!

Attachments

• error autoinstaller.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 1
  • plesk_12.5.30_installation.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
  • plesk_12.5.30_repair.txt
    39.9 KB · Views: 0
  • plesk_12.5.30_installation_rerun.txt
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • package_duples.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 1
  • autoinstaller3.zip
    315.5 KB · Views: 0
Okey, I'll try to look through logs later :)
As for now we have KB article related to similar problem with diplicates: http://kb.odin.com/en/127211
In short you should remove old duplicating records and then perform step "upgrade packages to latest" and "fix plesk" which I described previously.

P.S.
> # /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller
> BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
Maybe autoinstaller performing some actions or web-interface of installer is running.
Check for activity in /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log and if there is no changes then you can kill process.

I did:
1. package-cleanup --cleandupes
2. yum update
3. /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

bash: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller: No such file or directory

see attached screenshootSchermata 2015-10-27 a 15.51.49.png

Well, some notes about fixing upgrade:
  1. If you're running "yum update" without plesk-repositories enabled then read messages from yum carefully: do not let it remove plesk packages if it asks for it.
  2. You can easily get autoinstaller if you ocasionally remove it: just download http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer and run it. (do not forget to "chmod +x plesk-installer")
What else? I see list of thirdparty repositories like atomic, epel, remi etc. Looks like one of them causes errors on upgrade but I do not know exactly which one.

Hi,
I have run installer from /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller.
psa started from scratch without any domains and subscriptions.

I have a full backup done by psa and I have tried restoring all subscriptions from a backup but with errors.
Then I tried to restore all objects entire system
See task-22.txt
Now all domains are listed within psa but without any hosting plan associated.

Websites don't function correctly:
sometimes they work ok, sometimes i get 403 error.
I noticed that if I delete the associated cookie the site loads correctly again.

Any solution to restore this backup or to make everything work again?

I'm desperate.:(

Attachments

• task-22.txt
    47.4 KB · Views: 2
Back