1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

upgrade 7.5.4 bind problem

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by xtreme2490, Aug 25, 2005.

1. xtreme2490

xtreme2490 Guest

When i'm logged in plesk admin panel > service management it seems dns server is not started (red icon)

When i do a ps -auxf it seems named is running

named 3240 0.0 0.2 29996 2744 ? S 20:34 0:00 /usr/sbin/named -u named -c /etc/named.conf -u named -t /var/named/run-root

In /var/log/messages i see :
    Aug 25 20:35:14 Rayden named[3240]: invalid command from 127.0.0.1#50575: bad auth

How can i solve this.

BTW when logged in it shows it header Plesk 7.5.2 but is is upgraded to 7.5.4 , how can i change this .
    Yes i've double checked if update was complete and it has.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

Kill named and start bind using the rc script. If you see in Plesk 7.5.2, then the upgrade failed at a point.

3. xtreme2490

xtreme2490 Guest

It failed the first time giving an error on tomcat .
    Then i retried update updating base packages and tomcat , then it finished succesfull.

4. JD Austin

JD Austin Guest

I have this problem upon investigation it looks like named.conf had an issue.
    It's complaining about missing quotes:
    include /etc/psaptzone.files

There are two entries like the line above, and another that is quoted:
    include "/etc/psaptzone.files"

Commenting out these lines or placing quotes around them fixed the rndc error.

WTF is /etc/psaptzone.files ?

5. pdreissen

pdreissen Guest

You had probably installed PowerToys.
    This tool puts this in. You can safely comment that one out!

6. xtreme2490

xtreme2490 Guest

I've noticed also that the dates of some packages (base , plesk mauals) are Jan 19, 2038

Is this normal ???

7. hardweb

hardweb Guest

Isn't this the best sign that Plesk is the control panel of the future? :)

It can be a wrong touch, but it's not important.

8. oztec

oztec Guest

named startup problem after upgrade

Hi everyone,
    just spent last 2 hours on this one. simple fix but thought I would post the fix here. It's sort of in another post but not specific enough for me to initally find the problem..

was getting an error message:

Aug 27 09:13:11 oztec named[2672]: starting BIND 9.2.3 -u named -c /etc/named.conf -u named -t /var/named/run-root
    Aug 27 09:13:11 oztec named[2672]: using 1 CPU
    Aug 27 09:13:11 oztec named[2672]: loading configuration from '/etc/named.conf'
    Aug 27 09:13:11 oztec named[2672]: /etc/named.conf:632: expected quoted string near '/'
    Aug 27 09:13:11 oztec named[2672]: loading configuration: unexpected token
    Aug 27 09:13:11 oztec named[2672]: exiting (due to fatal error)
    Aug 27 09:13:11 oztec named: named startup succeeded

when trying to start bind / named.
    other posts suggested the powertools entry needed additional " ". This proved to be the case but not in /etc/named.conf, but in /var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf
    check for the entry
    include "/etc/psaptzone.files";
    it needs to have the quotation s in there as opposed to
    include /etc/psaptzone.files;

So I hope this helps someone.
    For your info I am running
    FC2, and just upgraded to latest 7.5.4 plesk

Apart from this issue, my upgrade from within plesk went perfectly. This issue actually wasn't related to the plesk upgrade at all, but to the powertools script which I installed just prior to the upgrade (clever...not).