• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade broke SMTP

C

CBiLL

I upgraded to 8.0.1 and it broke the SMTP so I can't firgue out what is broken on it becasue it starts up fine but I know it broken becasue I am not getting any emails from outside sources and if I tried to use Horde to send out email it says

There was an error sending your message: Failed to connect to localhost:25 [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: -1, response: mtpd: 127.0.0.1 pid 14156: 451 Your mail has been rejected because the server you are sending to is misconfigured)]

Anyone know what might be broken?

Thank you
Bill

Never mind..

I fixed it by going into plesk and saved the server email setting again.

It reconfigured it and smtp started working again.

Phew!

Bill

I had the same problem, but fixed it by just restarting xinetd after the upgrade was finished:

/etc/init.d/xinetd restart

I also had to add -Rt0 to /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa like this:
server_args = -Rt0 /usr/sbin/rblsmtpd etc.....
which the update removed.

Seems as if the update also commented out my ioncube-loader from php.ini... strange.

I saw this exact problem on FreeBSD, a simple restart of inetd or reboot of the server fixed the problem. Also just to add on to this I simply place a few lines in the psa rc scripts to stop/start/restart inetd right after named. Of course any time theres an update to PSA I have to go in and replace these couple of lines, but it definitely helps. I've also noticed that if inetd is left running even if qmail is down it still accepts port 25 connections and hangs, though not sure if this is still the case. I just ensure that inetd is shutdown any time PSA is down, keeps everyone out while I'm doing maintenance.

Thx
James

Back