• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 7.0.3 to 7.5.1

K

kami@

Hi,
Has anyone been able to upgrade from 7.0.3 to 7.5.1 and not runing into any problem during or after the upgrade??

I could not find any recent post about the earlier upgrade problem and I am just wondering if the new version 7.5.1 has resolved the upgrade problem completely.

Also we have both coldfusion and mssql running on our machine. Do we have to take any extra measure during the upgrade???

Thanks

Originally posted by kami
Hi,
Has anyone been able to upgrade from 7.0.3 to 7.5.1 and not runing into any problem during or after the upgrade??

I could not find any recent post about the earlier upgrade problem and I am just wondering if the new version 7.5.1 has resolved the upgrade problem completely.

Also we have both coldfusion and mssql running on our machine. Do we have to take any extra measure during the upgrade???

Thanks
Our attempt at the upgrade failed miserably. Ended up doing a clean install of 7.5.1 and restoring from backup.

NEVER upgrade without a very recent backup.

Our attempt at the upgrade failed miserably. Ended up doing a clean install of 7.5.1 and restoring from backup.

Hi superm0nk,
I was told the upgrade issue has been fixed in new release of 7.5.1.
Did you try to upgrade using the earlier bugy version of 7.5 or the new release of 7.5.1??

Also does the backup using the Plesk backup utility be sufficient to restore all data??
I noticed the back up utility does not back up the **mssql** databases. Any recommendation how to deal with that???

Thanks

We tried to upgrade with the 7.5.1 release. Apparently not all migration bugs were fixed.

The backup utility restored everything that we were previously using. However, we weren't running mssql server prior to the upgrade, so we didn't have any mssql databases to be restored.

why release an incomplete software upgrade that doesnt work ?! tried upgradng from 7.0.3 to 7.5.1 and no surprises - it did NOT go smooth. It exited with an error halfway leaving my existing installation messed up as well. which was fixed back obviously.

Has anyone upgraded to 2003SP1 + 7.5.1 with mssql without trouble ?

Back