• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 7.1.6 to 7.5.(4)

L

Laurent Bauer

Hi,

I would like to upgrade a plesk server with fedora core 2 from 7.1.6 to 7.5, 7.5.4 would be great.
I already upgraded another plesk server directly from 7.1.4 to 7.5.4, and got a lot of trouble :
- empty httpd.conf file
- webmail disappeared (as I restored the old apache conf), then in arabic
- horde address book not installed
- problem with statistics not running, then running again after running the script once manually.
I have a daily backup, but I would rather avoiding this trouble this time, if possible :)

I probably was a little too self-confident when upgrading major versions, I would like to know if there was a safer way to upgrade to 7.5.
For example, should I do :
- 7.1.6 to 7.1.7
- 7.1.7 to 7.5.1
- 7.5.1 to 7.5.4
?

Moreover, I already upgraded mysql client and server to 4.0.24, which is currently running quite well.
Could there be a problem with this version, when I upgrade plesk ? (plesk panel shows : "mysql : Component was not installed", I guess it is confused by the versions in RPM database ?)

Thanks for your answers.

Laurent

You should go directly to 7.5.4. MySQL shouldn't be an issue as MySQL4/4.1 is fully supported now. Other issues are difficult to avoid unless you perform such work regularly as there's so many things to look out for. When I perform upgrades there's a bunch of common problems I see, then the odd other issue, but the common problems you quickly learn how to fix.

Resolving such issues as disabling "Ioncube_loader" php module to switch the webmail language from arabic to english (or french) wasn't such an obvious thing, though :)

Do you know if there is a howto somewhere, or a changelog I could follow to be a little more efficient next time ?

Thanks for helping,

Laurent

I didn't say it was obvious, just that since I perform Plesk upgrades for people on a daily basis I'm used to seeing the same problems occur time and time again, and know how to fix them quickly. :)

There's nothing other than the FAQ that I know of which can help with common problems. Although it doesn't cover things in detail and doesn't cover everything.

Back