• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Upgrade from 8.0.1 on FreeBSD safe now?

D

DCNet_James

Is PSA 8.1 stable enough now to upgrade. As any of you old PSA users know its always a pain in the neck once you jump to a newer version.

I have a test box I can run the update on before I unleash it on my production servers, but I wanted everyone else's opinion before I have at it.

Safe?

Thanks,
James

FreeBSD 6.x | PSA 8.0.1
james AT digitalciti.com

plesk <=8.0 came as single tarball with all third components included, since plesk 8.1.0, they switched to ports scheme and provide Plesk components in ports only, all third packages (mysql, apache, etc) are compiled from standard ports..

on my box upgrade took ~2 days, because during upgrade it started compilation of all these ports (~300 total) and then moving data to them...

So more easier way is to install plesk 8.1 on fresher box and migrate domains to there, it may be faster and less downtime..

plesk 8.1 itself is stable enough for me, the only problem is updater/installer, which always fail on various third compilations. Installer gets the latest INDEX with `portsdb -F` but do not update ports themselves, and if your ports are outdated, there will be problems. So make sure that ports are updated with tag=. as well...

Back